there's no iptables rule , but my lvs_nat works well, why?

Subject: there's no iptables rule , but my lvs_nat works well, why?
From: "lu.peng" <lu.peng.louis@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:08:03 +0800
hi, all

        my linux kernel is 2.4.21, after i have patched with LVS, then  i
download a configure tools(configure-lvs_0.9.4.tar.gz),  i use the
"lvs_nat.conf.one_NIC_one_network" after customizing to suit my test
environment, then , it produce a script as "rc.lvs_nat". then i run the script
in my director and my realservers, then the LVS works very well .
        But he amazing thing is , when i check the iptables rules
table(iptables -L, iptables -t nat -L, and so on), there is no rule in it? why
,  how can the lvs achieve nat without the iptables help?
        Can anybody tell me why?

thanks
louis