LVS-NAT and multiple gateways on real servers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS-NAT and multiple gateways on real servers
From: "Farrell, Doug" <DFarrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:49:43 -0400
Hi all,

I'm using the RedHat Piranha version of LVS and have successfully configured an
LVS-NAT configuration with two backend real servers. These servers host two web
sites and appear as two VIP's on the load balancer. This is a test site for a
possible production deployment, so I'm still experimenting. I'd like to gain
direct access to the backend servers via our corporate network, bug can't seem
to figure out a configuration that will make this work.

Director
eth0    IP : 10.60.25.125       gateway=10.60.24.1
eth0:1 VIP : 10.60.25.131
eth1    IP : 192.168.1.101
eth1:1 VIP : 192.168.1.103

Real Server 1
eth0    IP : 192.168.1.104      gateway=192.168.1.103
eth1    IP : 10.60.25.127

With this setup if I have Real Server 1's gateway set to 192.168.1.103 and have
eth1 disabled, the system works fine. However, what I'd like to do is enable
eth1, physically connected to the 10.60.25.* network and have it use the
10.60.24.1 gateway directly. Every configuration of the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files I've tried fails. Usually what
happens is I can ssh to Real Server 1 on 10.60.25.127, but the Director no long
provides the load balanced service and I can't reach the real servers through
it anymore.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions about how to make this work?

Thanks
Doug Farrell
Scholastic, Inc.