RE: LVS-NAT and multiple gateways on real servers

Subject: RE: LVS-NAT and multiple gateways on real servers
From: "Farrell, Doug" <DFarrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:27:32 -0400
Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I probably didn't make my setup very clear as I
think you
misundertood what I've got going. The IP 10.60.25.131 is the VIP where
users
go to access the load balanced services. I think this is referred to as
the DIP
(Director IP) in the LVS HowTo. The VIP 192.168.1.103 is the virtual IP
the
load balancer uses the access the private 192 network where the real
servers
live. I think this is called the RIP in the LVS HowTo doc.

What I'd like to do is this, put an IP like 10.60.25.127 on eth1 on Real
Server 1
and give that IP a gateway of 10.60.24.1. In this way I could connect
directly to
the Real Server for maintenence/updates rather than having to go through
the
load balancer.

Hope I've made things clearer rather than murkier. :)
Thanks,
Doug Farrell
Scholastic, Inc.