RE: VPS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: VPS
From: dyntech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:22:22 -0700
Joe said,
"> Has there been any discussion about using the Virtual Server
with > VPS...
rather than asking this sort of question, how about you search the LVS
archives, google, the LVS-HOWTO and then tell us about VPS, what
you've done with it and what problems you forsee when using it with
LVS, and _then_ as a question. Thank you Joe
"
Sorry, but I didn't see any way to search the archive from the list-serve
site... Google doesn't provide any help. I'm a Library Tech and research
is my game. I am investigating these technologies and have not found a
discussion of them together from any of my searches.  I assumed this
would be the proper place to ask such a question...

>From what I can tell VPL will allow us to make many servers appear as
one... This is good if you wish to grow... VPS will allow you to create
virtual servers on one machine where each user will have an isolated
environment to work in... As if though they were logging into their own
server.... Their own BIN ect...  The Linux-VServer Project is a VPS...

It sounds a bit more complicated if you think of using the two together...
I'm questioning if it is even possible... Hoping someone else thought of it
and worked it through.

We are in the research part of this and have no real experience to share
with VPL or VPS at this time... Guess I'll be back later...

Thanks, Bob :-)