RE: VPS

Subject: RE: VPS
From: "Chad Stephens" <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:39:12 -0700
This is a great idea, using VPS with LVS.  I thought of this one a few
months ago and I don't know if it is possible either, I'm currently
building my first LVS, so I'm not at that point yet.... (and probably
won't be for a while)

For those that don't know VPS is Virtual Private Server.  It allows you
to allocate resources (memory, cpu cycles, etc.) for a specific use and
those resources are protected from other users on the system.  This is
used in the web hosting arena to give hosting clients the ability to
have dedicated resources without purchasing a dedicated server.  Its
really a great concept.  Used in conjunction with LVS this would create
basically a Virtual Private Cluster, which would be really cool if you
could get it to work.

I would love to hear about it if anyone has done this or is willing to
try.

Chad Stephens                   Evolutionary Visions, Inc
Web Master                    www.EvolutionaryVisions.com

Web Hosting | E-Commerce