Kernel 2.6.4 still need ARP patch?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Kernel 2.6.4 still need ARP patch?
From: "Leo" <fds3ssw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 2:22:3 -0500
Dear All,

   I'm using IPVS for kernel 2.6 now (Suse 9.1 Pro), do I still need make ARP
patch? (I hate recompiler linux kernel :-( )

   If I only use this machine as director, maybe I don't need ARP patch, but if
use it as realserver, it will be needed, I'm right?

   BTW: I want to build up realserver in windows 2000, someone give me example
that add a Microsoft loopback adapter, others told me I need change to change
register to disable ARP, which way is better?

   I'm a newbie, your help is appreciated!

        Leo
        fds3ssw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
          2004-07-26