How can setup Kernel 2.6.4 for the ARP problem?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How can setup Kernel 2.6.4 for the ARP problem?
From: "Leo" <fds3ssw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 9:59:10 -0500
lvs-users
Dear All,

  My DR still had problem. The kernel in Director is 2.6.4-52 (Suse 9.1). After
TCPDump
in Realserver and Director, Director got the client's request, but Realserver
didn't got any package from Director.

  I think it maybe still the ARP problem. I found a note said after 2.6.4, it
need to use
such flag:

/etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

But I didn't found /etc/sysctl.conf in my Linux.

Anyone had config 2.6.4 successfully? Can you please give me your steps after
install ipvsadm?  I think I make a wrong when I config eth0 and lo:0. I'm
newbie, so any suggestion is very welcome.

Thanks,

        Leo
        fds3ssw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
          2004-07-28