Re: connecting to VIP from LAN

Subject: Re: connecting to VIP from LAN
From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:53:50 +0200
On fre, 2004-09-10 at 09:20 -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
> Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> > this is a DR setup.  each host
>
> what is the "host"? client, director, or realserver? I assume director.

all three roles of director, real server, and client have two NICs on
the same LANs.

> > I'm stumped.  can anyone explain what's happening here?
>
> first, have you worked your way through the standard checklist starting here?
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO.html#doesnt_work

the LVS is working, so the checklist doesn't have anything relevant for
us, I'm afraid.

external hosts can connect to the VIP, real servers can connect to the
VIP, the director gets Connection refused (understandable, not a problem
for us, anyway), but connections from clients on the same LAN just hang.
it's only the latter situation I need to fix.

hmm, this is interesting: the backup director (we're using keepalived)
can connect to the VIP.  I wonder what's different about it compared to
the other clients on the LAN.
--
Kjetil T.