realserver configuration (DR, kernel 2.6, alpha arch, debian)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: realserver configuration (DR, kernel 2.6, alpha arch, debian)
From: "Riccardo Vestrini" <riccardov@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:32:23 +0200
I have a great problem configuring realservers using ipvs DR with kernel 2.6.8 on a alpha workstation with debian
my configuration is this, servers have 2 nic
(hope you use monospace fonts :)

       eth0 20.2      eth1  10.2 20.1
            ----- R1 --
            |         |
20.20  eth0 |20.1vip  |
C  ---------|---- V --| eth1 10.1
            |20.4     |
----- R2 -| eth0 20.3 eth1 10.3 20.1

ipvs on V works perfectly redirection packets on 20.1 to 10.2 or 10.3 (with 20.20 as source address), but after arriving to R1 or R2 nic the frame vanish

i mean that using tcpdump on R1 or R2 one can see a SYN packet arriving on 10.2-3, but nothing is sent as ack, realserver interfaces remain silent

there is no arp problem, R1 and R2 have ip_forward enabled, routing on R1 and R3 is simply 20.x to eth0 and 10.x to eth1, I tried with TFTP, WWW and SSH services having the same result, I tried also to put a nc -l on R1 and R2 and I saw nothing

some month ago I tried with ipvs TUN and had the same problem

I red the howto on the website without finding a solution, I will be glad if someone could point me to any documentation about setting up realserver for that topology
thank you in advance

                        Riccardo Vestrini
                       <riccardov@xxxxxxxx>