Re: realserver configuration (DR, kernel 2.6, alpha arch, debian)

Subject: Re: realserver configuration (DR, kernel 2.6, alpha arch, debian)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:55:16 -0400
Riccardo Vestrini wrote:

> I have a great problem configuring realservers using ipvs
> DR with kernel 2.6.8 on a alpha workstation with debian
>
> my configuration is this, servers have 2 nic
> (hope you use monospace fonts :)
>
>         eth0 20.2      eth1  10.2 20.1
>              ----- R1 --
>              |         |
>  20.20  eth0 |20.1vip  |
>  C  ---------|---- V --| eth1 10.1
>              |20.4     |
>              |         |
>              ----- R2 -|
>         eth0 20.3    eth1 10.3 20.1
>
> ipvs on V works perfectly redirection packets on 20.1 to
> 10.2 or 10.3 (with 20.20 as source address), but after
> arriving to R1 or R2 nic the frame vanish

I don't understand your diagram.

Can you give me

the IP(s) on the NIC on the outside of the director

the IP on the NIC in the inside of the director

the IPs on the realservers

the default gw for the realservers.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx