Re: ipvsadm version mismatch in debian

Subject: Re: ipvsadm version mismatch in debian
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:06:27 +0200
Hello Horms,

Thank you for your valuable input.

The handling of the ipvsadm package is entirely up to
the maintainer, Joerg Wendland <joergland@xxxxxxxxxx>.

I'll bug him when I find out more.

He seems to be active so it is unlikely anyone would
override his authority there. So if you have bugs, patches
or suggestions either contact him directly or use
the debian bug tracking system.

I'll do.

On the kernel side of things, I am one of the mainatiners of
the debian kernel and I am not aware of any patches to lvs in
the debian kernel packages. Though I will stand corrected there.

Cool, I'll let you know my findings if they don't correspond to your statements.

It sounds to me that it is some sort of sparc specific problem in the
LVS/ipvsadm code itself.  I am more than happy to work on a kernel-side
or ipvsadm fix for it.

I'll send you the login/passwd to the system and we could debug it together. I'm sure that with your expertise the issue will be fixed in no time.

The former I can put into debian myself, the
latter would need Joerg to add them to the debian package. But of course
if they are actually bugs then they should go into the main code via
Wensong.

Very well.

Thanks and take care mate,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc