RE: load balancing using ldirectord

Subject: RE: load balancing using ldirectord
From: "Vic Berdin" <vic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:35:37 +0800
Hi Jeffery,

Thanks for your quick reply! Your response already knocked out two of my
problems. Weights are already getting set, and the default master now works.
Thanks a lot!
The remaining problem is load balancing. Connections that should fall on the
backup fails on first attempts, then when it succeeds, the load still goes
to the master server. Hence, all successful connects accumulates (now using
wrr) on the master server.

[messages snipped]

> Are you using DR or NAT.  it really depends on that.  If you are using
> DR are the IP addresses on the webserver and the arp_ignore in place?
> Localhost should not be answering at all unless all of the realservers
> are down.  see my note above about the request/recieve checks.

I'm trying to implement a direct routing. I will re-check the docs and
hopefully find something useful that'll fix my errors. Once more, many
thanks!

Best regards,
Vic