Re: problem during creation of linuxvirtualserver

Subject: Re: problem during creation of linuxvirtualserver
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:21:33 +0000 (GMT)
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, SUKHWINDER PAL wrote:
> I had downloaded the ipvsadm--1.21.10-src.rpm from
> your website www.linuxvirtualserver.it is getting
> installed when i use the rpm _Uvh pvsadm-1.21-src.rpm.
>   But when I see the list  using rpm -qa it  is
> showing that the package is not installed.even
> i am not able to run man ipvsadm or any command
> related to ipvsadm.

That's the _source_ rpm. You need to build the real RPM for your system with
it, and install the one you build.

You'll need the rpmbuild (or rpm-build, depending on version) package
installed, plus at least gcc and some supporting libraries.

You'll then need to run something like:

rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ipvsadm.spec

and then install the RPM which it creates. Alternatively, download the tarball
and use that - either way you'll need to compile it.

Hope that helps

Graeme