Re: Possible persistant binding issue

Subject: Re: Possible persistant binding issue
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:48:10 -0500
secroft@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Joe,
>    Thanks for the response and I believe I have my e-mail corrected for you.

no still goes off the side of the screen.

> The real servers don't ping from the director, but do ping from the client
> side.

hmm. It can't work then. Do you have iptables rules in anywhere?

> And I'm also assuming that it's load balancing.......maybe not good to assume.

It's likely you're connecting directly to the realserver.

> IP Virtual Server version 1.0.8 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  lnxlvsdr:http rr
>   -> lnxvmdev2:http               Route   1      0          0
>   -> lnxvmdev1:http               Route   1      0          0
>
> netstat |grep 80 isn't returning anything when I go to the address via a
> browser.
> Here's what the arp table looks like on the director:
>
> IP Virtual Server version 1.0.8 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  lnxlvsdr:http rr
>   -> lnxvmdev2:http               Route   1      0          0
>   -> lnxvmdev1:http               Route   1      0          0
>
> I'm kind of baffled at this point. Appreciate the assist.

the LVS isn't doing anything. Have you hidden the VIP on the realserver?

what happens if you just run the scripts in the mini-HOWTO?

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx