Re: Possible persistant binding issue

Subject: Re: Possible persistant binding issue
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:25:38 -0500
secroft@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

You seem to have done all the right things so far.

> Here's the issue. The real servers don't ping,

from where? They should ping director->RIP, but you shouldn't be able to
ping them client->RIP

Can you set your mail client to line wrap please?

> but when I try to go to them via a browser, it works like a charm,

I assume "it" is "load balancing"

> unless I try to hit them multiple times. After about 4 refreshs' in a row,
> the site becomes unreachable.

what does ipvsadm (on the director) and netstat | grep 80 (on each of the
realservers)
tell you? Something is hung, you need to find what.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx