Re: LVS-DR, Cisco switch, and ARPtables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-DR, Cisco switch, and ARPtables
From: Brett Simpson <simpsonb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:23:14 -0500
On Thursday 02 December 2004 13:22, Brett Simpson wrote:
> Or can my director do LVS Localnode and Direct route?

I think I know what the problem is. I was trying to use my Director for
Localnode and forward the requests to the other Realserver but I had the
ArpTables and loopback address configured on the Director in case Keepalived
failed to the other Realserver.
After a couple hours my VIP stopped responding to ping requests with an
incomplete MAC address on the client. As soon as I stopped ARP tables on my
director my client was able to ping the VIP.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Brett