Re: which load balancer

Subject: Re: which load balancer
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:44:50 -0500
kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> DR will scale the best.  In a NAT configuration all the return traffic
> from the nodes has to pass back through the LVS.  In a DR configuration the
> nodes themselves respond to the client.  There is nothing to solve in
> the NAT configuration because nothing is broken.  NAT by it's very nature
> just doesn't scale well.

With 2.4 kernels the LVS-NAT code was rewritten and the scaling is a lot better.
I don't have any numbers for the difference. Still unless you have a good
reason,
you pick LVS-DR first.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx