Re: lvs-dr operating question

Subject: Re: lvs-dr operating question
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:42:12 -0500
Karen Shepelak wrote:

> When I telnet from a client to the VIP, I get logged in to one of the
> Realservers. This much seems to work.
> But, if I telnet again to the VIP, I get logged in to the same
> Realserver. Another telnet to VIP logs me into
> the same Realserver yet again.
> As you can see from the settings above, the scheduling is set for Round
> Robin. With this setting, if another
> telnet session is sent to the VIP,  shouldn't LVS select a different
> Realserver from the one
> selected previously?

not neccessarily.

LVS has a timeout before it decides that a connection from the CIP is a new one.
I think the timeout is FIN_WAIT. Try again after 2 mins. I know sometimes
I get your behaviour and sometime I get the expected behaviour (client goes
to multiple realservers to download all the hits on a webpage), but I haven't
tracked down what's causing it.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx