Re: LVS-DR ssh service

Subject: Re: LVS-DR ssh service
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:56:54 -0500
Karen Shepelak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>        I am not having any luck getting ssh service to run to LVS
> running on LTS3.0,
> kernel 2.4.21-20.ELsmp. Main problem seems to be in getting rid of arp
> problems.
> Odd thing is that after having used the "Horms method" to the
> realservers, telnet
> service to LVS works ok. I tried installing the suggested "hidden" patch
> for this kernel to see if it would control the arp issues differently
> enough to get ssh
> service to work, but the patch will not install with this kernel.

If you can get telnet to work, then you should be able to get ssh to work.
That you can't indicates that your system is not working as you've described
it. Either you don't have the arp problem solved or the LVS isn't load balancing
telnet.

I know people with distributions want to keep using the kernels that come
with them, but for now try a plain vanilla kernel, which will accept the hidden
patch. If you really want to go back to your distribution's kernel then
you can do that after you have your LVS working.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx