Re: LVS-DR, Apache, and monitoring scripts

Subject: Re: LVS-DR, Apache, and monitoring scripts
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:59:25 -0500
Grant Carmichael wrote:

> Below is the current setup of my LVS-DR environment.
> Everything works great when apache is listening on 0.0.0.0:80.  However,
> If I
> configure apache to listen on the VIP 192.168.1.110:80,
> I notice that the director can no longer moniter the
> service.  It seems like LVS monitoring scripts
> are monitoring the RIP?

yes or some equivalent proxy of the service running on the VIP.
The director can't monitor services on the realsever:VIP:port

> Then the client can no longer
> access the website.

why not?

> Can someone point me in
> the right direction.

this problem is explained in detail in the HOWTO

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx