Re: LVS-DR, Apache, and monitoring scripts

To: <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-DR, Apache, and monitoring scripts
From: "Grant Carmichael" <gcarmich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:08:08 -0500
I looked in the HOWTO, but I'll go back again...

> Then the client can no longer
> access the website.

> why not?

If apache listens on the VIP, the monitoring services thinks its down
and does not route traffic to that realserver.

Grant M. Carmichael
ITS Kennesaw State University
Office 770.420.4425
Cell 770.714.1973

>>> mack.joseph@xxxxxxx 02/10/05 09:59AM >>>
Grant Carmichael wrote:

> Below is the current setup of my LVS-DR environment.
> Everything works great when apache is listening on 0.0.0.0:80.
However,
> If I
> configure apache to listen on the VIP 192.168.1.110:80,
> I notice that the director can no longer moniter the
> service.  It seems like LVS monitoring scripts
> are monitoring the RIP?

yes or some equivalent proxy of the service running on the VIP.
The director can't monitor services on the realsever:VIP:port

> Then the client can no longer
> access the website.

why not?

> Can someone point me in
> the right direction.

this problem is explained in detail in the HOWTO

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx