Re: Redundant Load balanced cluster,

To: <janklopper@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Redundant Load balanced cluster,
From: "Grant Carmichael" <gcarmich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:55:59 -0500
> The file server would also be a mysql slave (trough binary logs) to
> always have a very recent backup of the mysql database. (not
intended
> for queries)

MySQL replication works well, but you might use rsync also.  One big
DELETE statement will replicate to the slaves.  Using rsync will allow
you
to have another hardcopy somewhere.

> Thanks for any advice. (im still wondering why an application
developer
> would need to build his own clusters :( )

Best of both worlds!

I'm using LVS, apache, MySQL and I'm really happy with it.
Especially with web applications.
When changes are needed, I deactivate a real server, make the changes
to the application, use rsync
to copy the application changes to the other real servers, and enable
the server I made changes to.

Grant M. Carmichael
ITS Kennesaw State University
Office 770.420.4425