abour persistent connection?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: abour persistent connection?
From: "Monty Ree" <chulmin2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:07:28 +0000
Hello, all.

I'm a beginner of the LVS.

I would like to loadbalance two IIS Server using LVS-DR.
As you know, IIS using session in memory, so I will "ipvsadm -p" option.

But I guess that (1) if the connection users are very much (2) sesstion timeout is very long(over some hours?)
LVS requires so lots of memory, right?

So is it possible like below?

if the number of the RealServer(IIS) is two,
and if the client IP is ended  even number --> to RealServer 1
     if the client IP is ended odd number  --> to RealServer 2

if above, LVS requires little memory, i guess.
right or wrong?

I heard that it is possible at commercial L4 switch...
Any comments so thanks...

Thanks in advnace.

고.. 감.. 도.. 사.. 랑.. 만.. 들.. 기.. MSN 러브 http://www.msn.co.kr/love/