Has any work been done on reaping the persistence template when a persis

Subject: Has any work been done on reaping the persistence template when a persistent real server is downed ?
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:16:39 +0000

Has any work been done on reaping the persistence template when a persistent real server is downed ?

i.e. You have two real servers with a persistence of 20 mins.
You take one server down, and ldierctord removes the real server completely from the LVS table (quiscent=no).

All connections are broken and new connections are forced to the other server. BUT if you bring the server back up within 20 mins...and ldirectord re-adds it to the LVS table ,
Thwn the origional persistence template will still be valid ?
and connections will move for the origional clients to the now back up and running server (causing loss of session again.)
My limited testing with a straight 2.4.26 kernel seems to back this up.

Their was a mention of the problem here :
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/1999-12/msg00019.html

Is their anyway of clearing the entries from the persistence template ?
Or making the newer ones take priority?
Or have I completely missed the point ? (which happens quite a lot with me..)

--

Regards,
Malcolm.