Re: Operation System tuning for web server performance

To: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Operation System tuning for web server performance
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 07:38:19 -0800
Biapple wanted us to know:

>       Hello!
>       I'll evaluate the performance of a web server, in order to make
>a constrast, I want to tune the parametres of OS, such as file system,
>virtual memory, network protocol suite and so like. I found a guide
>manual with googling and did some tuning, but, disappointedly, I found
>the performance became worse. Who can tell me why and send me detail
>information on the tuning?  I fail to find adequate place to post the
>message, and I think there are some master-hand, any advice will
>welcome.

Whoever assembles your distribution (what distro did you buy?) would
probably be the best for overall performance tuning.  If you want to
configure specific services, Apache has mailing lists and IRC channels.

This particular mailing list is the LVS mailing list, which is for
things like load balancing and load balancing clusters.

Good luck!
--
Regards...              Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.