Re: FTP

Subject: Re: FTP
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:57:41 -0500
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/15/2005 12:16:50
PM:

> >what's missing from the LVS-HOWTO?
> >

> Sorry Mr. Mack, I didn't mean to call your baby ugly (I
> see your name at  the top of the LVS-HOWTO)
> I just have trouble following parts of it sometimes, I'm
> sure that it's my lack of full understanding.

not at all. It's not well edited. Sometimes I get to write
the theory and the rest of the time I just put in postings
that sound reasonable. The reader has to sort it out from
there. I'm the first to admit that it's not easy to read.
It's the best I can do in my spare time I'm afraid.

> I was hoping for something that was more abbreviated, the
> Chapter 11
> section contains tests using "phatcat" (something I don't use),
> Examples of things that don't work (LVS_DR without
> persistence) and some
> notes that appear contradictory. (Julian says the module
> are required,
> Jeremy can't get it to work)

There was a long period there when ftp didn't work properly.
Probably both statements are true at the time they were made.

> At times the the HOWTO reads like a blog not a manual.

that's what it is.