Re: arp problem, also on director

Subject: Re: arp problem, also on director
From: Jan Klopper <janklopper@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:30:06 +0100
Hi,

Your director should arp for the VIP, and you only use noarp on the realservers.

You could use noarpctl to reroute arp packages for the VIP to the RIP on realsevers.

I have noarpctl in my local.start and set the noarp before i add the VIP to the realserver.

greets

OmarArmas wrote:

I have a DR load balancing cluster. To avoid arp problem Im using(kernel 2.6 with proper patch):

/bin/echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
/bin/echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/hidden

Im doing this on the nodes(linux.2.6, also), should I make this also on the director?

Omar