RE: Initial setup

Subject: RE: Initial setup
From: "Kirk" <kirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:33:12 -0800
[root@web4]# uname -a
Linux web4.sys.salesjobs.com 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT
2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root@web4]# more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4)

I've already set this:
ifconfig lo:0 <VIP> netmask 255.255.255.255

And trying your suggestion for the arp setting in /etc/sysctl.conf yields:

[root@web4]# sysctl -p
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
error: 'net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore' is an unknown key
error: 'net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce' is an unknown key
error: 'net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore' is an unknown key
error: 'net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce' is an unknown key
kernel.sysrq = 0
kernel.core_uses_pid = 1
[root@web4]#

I guess the above is due to the version I have or no patch installed?  Is it
that I'm missing the noarp module??  Where do I get that if so?

Kirk