Initial setup

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Initial setup
From: "Kirk" <kirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 02:37:17 -0800
I'm new to the group and LVS and have been glancing over the documentation
for the past few days.  I've taken over a system that was setup by another
developer and he's all but disappeared so I have no clue as to how far he'd
gotten with setting up LVS to distribute requests to a web farm.  The load
balancer server is set up for DR, that much I know but the web servers are
somewhat a mystery.  Is there some way to determine whether or not the
kernels have been patched with the appropriate modules?

And if not (no patch applied to the real servers), is there any way to set
up a real server (for DR) to handle the ARP problem without having to
rebuild the kernel?  I thought I'd found someone mentioning they got this to
work via iptables but I can't seem to find the reference.

Kirk