RE: LVS From Same IP Address

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS From Same IP Address
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Brad Taylor <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:25:26 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx> wrote on 04/21/2005 02:19:42 AM:

>    Probably the real servers send ARP reply for VIP and
> get the traffic directly, we don't see any active/inactive conns
> in IPVS. May be real servers need tuning for ARP.

I forgot about that possibility. The problem hasn't come up
for years and in the last few months we've had a few people
post with the same symptoms.

Thanks Joe