LVS fail over confusion

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS fail over confusion
From: Michael Gale <michael.gale@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:33:56 -0600
Hello,

I have been reading the documents and am a little confused.

I have been using LVS-NAT with HA in a very basic setup.

HA using heartbeat brings up the master server which runs some scripts
and enables LVS. If the master every goes down the HA on the backup
takes overs and runs the same scripts.

I would like to start using MON to watch the real servers on case one
goes down and also the syn daemon in LVS to keep my cluster nodes for
connection tracking.

The part I do not understand is how to have a LVS cluster fail over with
out using HA. Since HA is limited to two nodes ?

Thanks.

Michael