vrrp and fw

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: vrrp and fw
From: Maxime Kurkdjian <maxime.kurkdjian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:50:16 +0200
Hi,

I have a Netfilter fw (2.6.11) with 4 network attached: 3 public network and 1 Nat-ed one.

I would like to setup a webfarm with lvs-nat and keepalived
Only the TCP/80 port will be Nated, all the other port/services will not be nated and thus not be accessible.

I was wondering what is the incompatibility between netfilter and lvs ?
Do I really need the antefacto patch ?
What the antefacto patch is for ? (what does not work without it)

I have an other question:
I would like to setup redondancy via vrrp (from keepalived)
What rules do I have to add to my ruleset ?
What do vrrp need to pass through the network and on which interface ?

I found this rules on the internet:

run_iptables -A INPUT -s <ip of the fw:eth0> -i eth0 -p vrrp -j ACCEPT
run_iptables -A OUTPUT -d <ip of the fw:eth0> -o eth0 -p vrrp -j ACCEPT
run_iptables -D INPUT -s <ip of the fw:eth0> -i eth0 -p vrrp -j ACCEPT
run_iptables -D OUTPUT -d <ip of the fw:eth0> -o eth0 -p vrrp -j ACCEPT

is it enought ? (all trafic are prohibited by default on this fw)
eth0 is the interface which is specified in the vrrp_instance section of the keepalived.conf file.

does vrrp work on VLAN on bonding ?

thanks for your help

--
Maxime Kurkdjian - Consultant