Re: [LVS] Different Ports on Director (NAT) to distribute on differen t

Subject: Re: [LVS] Different Ports on Director (NAT) to distribute on differen t server Packages
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:06:00 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/02/2005 02:21:57
AM:

> Hello,
>
> I am faced to following problem:
>
> I have an http request which can be logical splittet up to
> three different
> request.
> My idea is to use for this three different request a
> seperate port (8701,
> 8702 and 8703), to qualify this incoming request and to
> use qdisc filter
> (ingress) on this (for each port different filter).
>
> Hint: Port 8701 to RealServer1 and RealServer2
>         Port 8702 and 8703 to RealServer3 and RealServer4

It would take me a while to figure out what you're doing and
what may be wrong.

However splitting up incoming requests to different realservers
is not how LVS was designed to be used. An LVS expects that
all requests can be sent to any realserver. People have used
tricks like

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.general.html#cookies_and_url_rewriting

to do similar sounding things, but you have to do it in a way
that the operation of the LVS isn't changed.

If you're going to do what you're trying to do, keep in
mind how the LVS is designed to work.