Re: AW: lvs active/active

Subject: Re: AW: lvs active/active
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:17:05 +0100
That doesn't sound like it would stretch a single LVS active-failover.
Active/Active is only required if your hardware can't match the load and even then you'd be better off having two pairs of active-passive load balancers servering two different groups of VIPs.
It also saves on complexity.

No one can do active active on the same VIP (at least not that I'm aware of...)

Just my personal point of view of course... I still here people trying to convince me that old foundry server irons are faster than LVS because they are based on hardware (Ha! 10 year old hardware more like....).

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

René Enskat [Teamware GmbH] wrote:

Coz we have 10 nodeserver behind them and near 500 sites thats the
reason why :)
You can tell me how to make it working?