RE: AW: lvs active/active

To: "LinuxVirtualServer.org_users_mailing_list."@nypl.org, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: AW: lvs active/active
From: PMilanese@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:37:33 -0400
I agree with Malcolm.

Keep it simple by design. Are you currently having load problems?

I have a couple of small boxes running LVS (dual 1g I think), and don't
work all that hard. I only do about 200 million hits/month, but it's well
sufficient.

I'll be replacing my LVS setup with F5 hardware, but it has not gone down
or failed over since put up 3 years ago. In fact, I had to do service
failovers just for my own sanity checks.

If bandwidth is a problem, maybe multihoming the connections is an answer.