Re: ldirectord & ser (sip express router)

Subject: Re: ldirectord & ser (sip express router)
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:24:08 +0100
Jack,

I came across this a while ago as well with UDP a DNS check works,
but no other UDP connect checks seemed to (i.e. not port 53).
I ran into this while trying to do NFS.

Aa a work around you can specify a checkport and do a TCP health check instead,.

I think its a small bug (but don't take my word for it...)

Jack Wei wrote:

hi,

I'm trying to set up a cluster of ser boxes using ultramonkey.  i want
ldirectord to detect if any of the ser boxes is down, but am not able to set it
up properly.
Here's my ldirector.cf:

checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=no
logfile="local0"
quiescent=yes
virtual=10.1.201.189:5060
       real=10.1.201.191:5060 gate
       real=10.1.201.193:5060 gate
       scheduler=wlc
       protocol=udp
#        checktype=connect
       persistent=600

Using the above configuration, ipvsadm reports the real servers are up even if
they aren't.  If i enable "checktype=connect", ipvsadm reports the real servers
are always down.

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.