Implication of having ldirectord active on both nodes?

Subject: Implication of having ldirectord active on both nodes?
From: "Andy Nguyen" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:37:18 +1100
Hi all,

I am using heartbeat and ldirectord between two directors, with heartbeat
starting ldirectord.

What I found was under scheduled failover (ie. using hb_standby/hb_takeover)
for high rate of incoming traffic (DNS queries in the test), some traffic is
sent to the new active director BEFORE ldirectord is ready to accept traffic
and therefore lost.

If I have ldirectord running on both nodes all the time ie. started outside
of heartbeat then no packet is lost at scheduled failover.

I have master/backup sync running on both nodes.

Is any implication with having ldirectord running on both active and standby
node? This way the ipvs table is always setup on both directors, and traffic
is offered to the "active" node by heartbeat controlling the VIP on the LAN.

Regards
Andy