load balancing problem-------

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: load balancing problem-------
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:37:10 +0100 (BST)
hello sir,

We had implemented two Squid Real Servers with LVS at our Hub-station using
LVS-DR method with Round-Robin scheduling.

Using LVS, these Squid real  Servers are serving 7 Child Proxies( WINNT
Proxies).And each Child proxy is having around 100 clients.

When both Squids Real Servers are working ,the load is balanced by LVS (i.e. 4
child proxies load is handled by one Squid real server and 3  child Proxies
load is handled by second Squid realserver) .
When one Squid real server fails the second Squid real server  is taking the
full load of  7 child  Proxies.
But when the failed Squid comes alive, the full load  of 7 Proxies is still on
the second Squid realserver.

We want that Whenever the failed Squid realserver comes alive ,half of the load
( out of 7 Proxies) should automatically comes on the server( which comes
alive).
Is it possible,sir

Thanks

 Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection
for FREE!
http://in.mail.yahoo.com