Re: Ipvsadm/ldirectord changes weight automatically?

Subject: Re: Ipvsadm/ldirectord changes weight automatically?
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:43:12 +0300
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:31:47AM -0700, Son Nguyen wrote:
> [sorry for the repost, my previous post of this appeared as a reply to
> another thread]
>
> Hello,
>
> I originally setup in ldirectord.cf, with the weights are 3-2-1. Later
> (couple hours) I checked with ipvsadm, it showed 2-2-1, and now 2-1-1. Does
> ipvsadm automatically change the weight?

No, ipvsadm cannot do this. Ldirectord, which you seem to be using,
can change weights, but only between 0 and whatever weight you have set
in the configuration file. The behaviour you describe below sounds a lot
like a bug in ldirectord. Which version are you using? Can you try
updating to the lastest CVS version?

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/

--
Horms