Newbie Questions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Newbie Questions
From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:02:14 -0500
Greetings All,

I am new to this mailing list so please forgive the basic level of some of my questions, ok.

We are working to build an Asterisk PBX VoIP service and have PBX servers in the US, Belgium, and Australia with our current webserver in th US.

What we are looking to do is to use LVS, if you think that it is the right application for the job, to have a redirector such that when a user connects to our main server, we can redirect them to the PBX that is currently closest to them based upon their IP.

Also, all of the users configurations will be connecting with the same SIP and IAX2 sub-domain names but just be redirected to the proper PBX.

Is LVS the software that I should try to use as all of these servers currenly are seperated geographically and not all behind the same router from what I cold gather so far in the docs?

Any advise and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lonnie Cumberland