RE: Newbie Questions

Subject: RE: Newbie Questions
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:20:56 -0700
> We are working to build an Asterisk PBX VoIP service and have PBX
> servers in the US, Belgium, and Australia with our current
> webserver in
> th US.
>
> What we are looking to do is to use LVS, if you think that it is the
> right application for the job, to have a redirector such that when a
> user connects to our main server, we can redirect them to the
> PBX that
> is currently closest to them based upon their IP.

You could try http://www.supersparrow.org/ (v0.0.0).  Supersparrow also
requires LVS and Bind+BGP (patch from Horms).  I think this patch is in the
archives or maybe I have it lying around somewhere on my hard drive.  Note :
SuperSparrow is initial release (2001), version 0.0.0.

I think perhaps a better solution for you is 3-DNS from BigIP.  But maybe
your budget doesn't allow it.  Here is the link.
http://www.f5.com/f5products/products/bigip/gtm/

Regards,