Realserver selection based on URL

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Realserver selection based on URL
From: "Tony Requist" <tony.requist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:02:03 -0600
We currently have a LVS configuration with 2 directors and a set of web
servers using LVS-DR and keepalived between the directors (and a set of
MySql servers also).  This is all working well using the standard RR
scheduling without persistence.

We will be adding functionality that will be storing data on some but not
all web servers.  For this, we need to be able to route requests to specific
web servers according to the URL.

Ideally I would generate URLs like:

     stuff.domain.com://KEY

and I could have a little code in LVS (or called from LVS) where I could
decode KEY to find that the data is on server A, B and C -- then have LVS
route to one of these three servers.

I've looked through the HOWTO and searched around but I have not been able
to find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

- tony