Re: Using ip_vs on different subnets

Subject: Re: Using ip_vs on different subnets
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Scott J. Henson wrote:

Ive been trying to get this working and I think Ive come to the conclusion that its impossible, but Im wondering if anyone has an idea. Basically I'm trying to get ip_vs to use a real server that is on a different subnet from what the vip is on. Here is my setup.

this is the default. The RIP is on a private network, the VIP is on a public network.

VIP: 192.168.1.100
Real Server: 192.168.2.100
Client: 192.168.1.101

Ive tried tun, dr, and nat, but all seem to have a problem with them. With dr, the director can't route to the real server and from the tcpdump output, the real server is never getting the packet.

does the director have a DIP on the RIP network? Have you setup the
standard LVS in the mini-HOWTO?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!