Re: .ko module support and generation for the vanilla core.

Subject: Re: .ko module support and generation for the vanilla core.
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:46:49 +0200
On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:22:58AM +0200, Lene Karter wrote:
> Dear All,
> Sorry for the basic question, I have troubles
> generating a .ko object file instead of the .o modules
> to install the lvs on the vanilla core. Does it not
> support loading .o modules??
> Any tips about the topics??

I am not quite sure what vanilla core is, nor what you are trying to do.
.ko files are modules for 2.6 series kernels, so if you build modules
for that kind of kernel, they should be produced. .o files are just
object files, which amongst other things were used as modules
for 2.4 series kernels or objects that can be linked into
a the kernel itself at build time.

--
Horms