Conceptual Setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Conceptual Setup
From: "Gavin Henry" <ghenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:10:56 +0100 (BST)
Dear list,

I have posted this to the linux-ha list too as it concerns that software
as well.

Our proposed setup for an upcoming project for HA Apache and Postgresql,
using PHP is as follows:

Internet

Firewall

Cisco Gigabit Switch

Director 1 + Director 2 (Director 2 is a backup via Heartbeat)

Realserver 1 + Realserver 2 (Apache and PHP with sessions going to the
below DBs, so only a bit of logging on these machines)

Postgresql DB 1 + Postgresql DB 2 (DB2 is a backup via Heartbeat adn DRDB)

Some kind of NAS for backing up all of above configuration with images for
SystemImager for more realservers.

LTO2 Tape Library

Would you be so kind as to share your thoughts and experience with me and
offer any advice?

Are we missing anything?

Thanks,

Gavin.