ldirectord stops running every few hours

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ldirectord stops running every few hours
From: "Trevor Lee" <trevor.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:06:48 +0800
Hi,

We are running ldirectord v1.93 on Fedora Core 3 with kernel 2.6.9.

Everything has been functioning fine until a few days ago when I noticed
ldirectord was not running any more. There was nothing in the logs
indicating why it had stopped running. I restarted it and a few hours
later it was again not running it any more. This happened quite a few
times. When ldirectord was not running, ipvsadm -L -n was still
functioning fine and packets were forwarding as normal.

When running ldirectord in debug mode, it came up with the following
error whenever just before it stopped running:

DEBUG2: Checking connect: real
server=connect:tcp:192.168.xx.xx:443:::\/:
(virtual=tcp:203.xx.x.xxx:443)
DEBUG2: Exiting with exit_status -1: Could not run /sbin/ipvsadm -L -n
Exiting with exit_status -1: Could not run /sbin/ipvsadm -L -n

This above error message comes up for different ip addresses and ports,
so I can't narrow it down to a specific server or port.

During normal load, we are running about 6000 active connections and
40,000 inactive connections.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might have suddenly started
happening?

Regards

Trevor