RE: ldirectord does not start: please help

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ldirectord does not start: please help
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:54:25 +0100
On Tue 09 Aug 2005 08:27:40 BST , Vijay K <vijay_k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the Net-SSLeay is not getting installed
When i do rpm -qa|grep Net-SSLeay i get "perl-Net-SSLeay-1.23-1.fr.c.1.um.1"

OK, this is good.

but when i do rpm -q Net-SSLeay i get "package Net-SSLeay is not installed"
the same is the response for rpm -V Net-SSLeay

Which means the "short name" for the RPM isn't Net-SSLeay. My bad, it's "perl-Net-SSLeay". If you've forcibly installed, and your query shows you it (as it does) then you need to determine why Perl can't find it.

Do "Perl -V" and post the output, and also do "rpm -ql perl-Net-SSLeay" and post the output. Then we might see the problem.

Your other problem is something I suspect might come clear when we've fixed Perl, as it's trying to make connections which might need Net-SSLeay.

Graeme