Re: Configuring LVS TUN with new arp_tables_jf

Subject: Re: Configuring LVS TUN with new arp_tables_jf
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Nigel Hamilton wrote:

OK. So I should _not_ set up a "lo" device. OK. So instead I'm going to set up a tunl0 interface instead with these parameters (i.e., /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-tunl0). Assuming a VIP of 66.98.227.143 and a RIP of 66.98.186.73. Does this look sane?

MTU=1480

I think you set the MTU on the sending end (at the director). It's too late by the time the packet
gets to the realserver. There's no reverse path
(from the realserver to the DIP) so ICMP packets
can't get back to tell the director that the MTU is
wrong. Look at the MTU writeup in the LVS-Tun
section of the HOWTO to be sure.

I expect it can't hurt to set the MTU here too.

NETMASK=255.255.255.255
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=66.98.1.255

BROADCAST=66.98.227.143