RE: HTTPS

Subject: RE: HTTPS
From: "Brad Taylor" <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:22:26 -0400
Thanks.

Got the weights to be correct but now getting all requests to be
inactive:

[root@LB_Master ha.d]# ipvsadm -L
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  10.10.1.20:https wlc persistent 600
  -> 10.10.1.13:https             Route   1      0          3
  -> 10.10.1.12:https             Route   1      0          0

What can I do so that the connection is active?

 * On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:47:22 -0400,
 * "Brad Taylor" <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > I've setup an LVS and a Squid in reverse proxy mode. Squid is setup
with
 > a certificate to decrypt https traffic and sends http back to the
real
 > server. This has been tested and working. I've setup another Squid
and
 > real server the same way. Now I'm trying to get the LVS to load
balance
 > the Squids. The request would be https to the LVS then https to
Squid.
 > Squid would decrypt the https and forward http to the backend server.
 > Here is my conf file:

[...]

 > # Virtual Server for HTTP
 > virtual=10.10.1.20:443
 >      fallback=127.0.0.1:80
 >      real=10.10.1.12:443 gate
 >      real=10.10.1.13:443 gate
 >      service=http

this seems to be the problem. Please set service=https instead of
http. Ldirectord will use HTTPS to negotiate, then.

[...]

Regards,
Volker

--