RE: lvs + squid + squidguard

Subject: RE: lvs + squid + squidguard
From: "Tony Spencer" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:00:30 +0100

Because the LVS-NAT servers run both squid and http and use the same VIP IP
address.
So if someone come through the squid server requesting a webpage that
resides on the LVS-NAT server the IP would resolve to the VIP.
If that makes sense...

> > You are correct that I'm running LVS-NAT.
> > I'm a little lost on your reply though.
> > Are you speaking about the SquidGuard rules or the LVS rules??
>
> SquidGuard. It's just a guess.

SquidGuard has no IP rules.
It just blocks certain domains/urls listed in a db file.

Tony